Join Astronomy magazine Senior Editor Rich Talcott, MWT Associates, and I on a trip Down Under to watch the November 14, 2012, total solar eclipse.
Bailey's beads from the 2008 total solar eclipse. Photo by Tunc Tezel.
Experience Australia's wild west Northern Territory, where they revel in a tough, maverick image. Darwin is the best place to experience multicultural Australia, where a quarter of the population is Aboriginal. Included is a visit to the Red Center, one of the world's most iconic symbols, Ayers Rock (Uluru). No visit is complete to Australia without an overnight on the first-class Ghan and a cruise on the Sydney Harbor. The trip Down Under concludes with the first total solar eclipse since July 2010.The “Kangaroo” tour, with Senior Editor Rich Talcott and I as your escorts, includes:
1. Roundtrip international airfare from Los Angeles & Australia domestic airfare
2. First-class accommodations
3. Meals: All breakfasts, eclipse barbeque, five lunches, and three dinners with wine
4. Hotel porterage
5. Welcome reception in Cairns
6. Astronomical lectures, eclipse glasses, star parties
7. Air-conditioned, deluxe coach with professional commentary driver
8. Overnight on the first-class Ghan train
9. Document packet
10. All sightseeing and transfer services as specified
- Darwin: Kakadu National Park, Yellow Water Billabong, and Nourlangie Rock
- Uluru: Visit ancient art rock sites, sunset cocktails, and breakfast sunrise at Kata Tjuta
- Sydney: Harbor cruise and Sydney Opera House
- Cairns: Daintree River Excursion, full-day Great Barrier Reef Excursion, cruise on the Yellow Water, Billabong, glass-bottom boat on Upolu Cay, snorkel drift; OR Green Island Resort: Welcome sunset drinks, glass-bottom boat tour, snorkeling equipment, windsurfers, surf skis, and canoes, rainforest walks and night nature walks, world’s oldest underwater observatory, and daily windsurfing instruction
MWT Associates also is offering five other tour options with many other possibilities, including Tasmania, the Great Barrier Reef, New Zealand, Perth, the Indian Pacific Rail, Canberra, Melbourne, and more. You can find all those details at MWT Associates’ website.
For more information, contact:
MWT Associates, Inc.
1-877-707-7827 Toll Free
(408) 279-5589 Tel
(408) 279-5587 Fax
Ayers Rock Photo by Wikimedia Commons
Aboriginal Art Photo by Thomas Schoch
Sydney Harbor Bridge Photo by Rodney Haywood
The Ghan passenger train Photo by Reinhard Dietrich